List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Swahili localisation for Novell OpenOffice?
From:       Clayton <smaug42 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-29 21:30:35

> I am not sure about the Ubuntu policy. Some localizations of OOo are buildable
> but only few strings are localized in fact. I do not create packages from
> such poor localizations. I think that this was the case of the Swahili
> localization when I have checked it last time.
>
> I will most likely check the current state of all localizations before the
> feature freeze of openSUSE-10.3. If the Swahili localization is usable these
> days, I will probably add it.
>
> Feel free to create a bug report and assign it to me (pmladek@novell.com), so
> your request is not lost...

I have a feeling that not much has been done with the localization
since the 1.1.3 release.  I was actually quite surprised to see an
Ubuntu build of the Swahili l10n... which is why I asked here.  I will
probably have to chase down whoever built it for Ubuntu and find out
if it is still the old stuff or if someone has updated things.

If I am able to track down more information... and have something
reasonable to work from I'll open a bug to get it built...
otherwise... not worth it :-)  I don't _need_ it in swahili...

C.