List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Spelling Knot Werking in KMail
From:       Kai Ponte <kai () perfectreign ! com>
Date:       2007-02-28 5:09:03

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 08:57:59 pm Don Raboud wrote:
> In my case, not only was automatic spellchecking turn off, but for some
> reason KMail also defaulted to composing all messages as HTML.  It took me
> some time to finally figure out how to turn that feature off (the same
> options menu in the composition window).

Ahh, cleverly set in an options menu (as opposed to the Settings menu) to fool
us into writing goofy emails!

I have it now.

Compose (or forward or reply) email > Options > Automatic Spellchecking.

I think it doesn't work when HTML is enabled - at least it said so in the
manual. I refuse to write messages in HTML.

I recently got into a bit of trouble, when I chastised a department manager
for sending a weekly email to all users in HTML.   :P

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos
http://www.grassfire.org/142/petition.asp