List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] how to install usb external disk
From:       Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2006-12-31 0:23:57

On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 19:25 +0100, Primm wrote:

> Sorry but how do I do that? I've tried fdisk but don't know what device to
> name it. What is the commant to format this drive?

Do it when you install after you backup your /home.  Install / custom
then you can manually choose your pattitions or to destroy them all and
start over with the standard four /boot / /swap /home or more as you
choose.

Not for the faint of heart but after a few times not a big deal just be
sure you keep your notes handy about which partition is which.
--