List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] What happened to synce, rapi and kcemirror
From:       "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-31 14:09:04

On 12/31/06, Marcel Ruff <mr@marcelruff.info> wrote:

> http://www.synce.org/index.php/Building_SynCE_with_Windows_Mobile_2005_support_from_Subversion
>
> The initial USB connect seems to work now after some troubles(it is a HP
> IPAQ 6910),
> but then i get this error:
>
> ========================
> noty:~ # odccm
> ** ERROR **: Failed to connect to system bus: Failed to connect to
> socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused

I'm using older PDA with Windows Mobile 2003 (and had SuSE 10.0 before that).
Not sure if it helps, but I just read this on synce wiki:

Suse 10.1 is still quite KDE orientated, therefore the SynCE packages
bundled with it doesn't work with Gnome (DCOP connection errors), best
to install the distros version of multisync and needed plugin (except
for SynCE), then download and install SynCE from here. Make sure and
copy the plugin files from /usr/lib/multisync to
/usr/local/lib/multisync [1].

--
Mark Goldstein