List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Can spam be defeated?
From:       "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton () conacher ! co ! za>
Date:       2006-12-24 12:13:22

Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> It just keeps getting worse.  I really don't want to change my email address,
> but it's all over the Internet, and the spammers are killing my inbox.  I
> don't want to spend a lot of time on this issue, I just want to be able to
> block these idiots.  I'm running a postfix mail server.  Is there an easy was
> to thwart spam?  I use the filters built into KMail, but they seem almost
> worthless.

A possible solution/link I have is:
Easy SPAM blocking with TMDA(Tagged Message Delivery Agent)
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?t=23033582-c55bc3b61974813922cfaaafffbee890-bf&s=5&fs=0

I have not visited it nor used it so YMMV

As you already have postfix, why not incorporate a couple of anti spam
tools as well. Hell then if the first one doesn't nail te spam , the
ssecond one will, hopefully. :)