On Saturday 23 December 2006 22:58, Mike McMullin wrote: > On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 20:40 +0100, Leendert Meyer wrote: > > On Saturday 23 December 2006 20:23, Primm wrote: > > > When I plug it in nothing happens. Trying to mount /dev/sda > > > gives: > > > > > > mount /dev/sda /mnt > > > mount: No medium found > > > > This is like mounting a CDROM with no CD in it. > > > > Instead of sda, you should use dm-0 or dm-1. > > Leen, don't USB-drives normally show up as sd? Well, I thought so too. Maybe dm-* are a bit less normal. But the total size of both devices (~ 52 GB) is not equal to 250 GB as it should be. And looking at the snippet from /var/log/messages, I get the feeling that the kernel can't cope. Either because it does not know how to, or maybe a hardware problem. But I could be totaly off here. > I have one and > under 10.0 it is sda, with partitions at sda1, sda2 and sda3, > which mount at usbdisk and usbdisk_1. (One of these partitions is > actually a SWAP partition so only the two mounts.) I have a USB pen-drive with 2 drives: sda and sdb. Cheers, Leen -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@opensuse.org For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@opensuse.org