List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install (bug 229848)
From:       "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-21 7:09:42

On 12/20/06, Joe Morris (NTM) <Joe_Morris@ntm.org> wrote:
> Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> > If the proxy were running on anything but 10.2 w/ 2.6.18 kernel it would
> > probably work.
> So it does seem to be a definite kernel bug.  weird.

Once again, my configuration at home is: Pentium III box with openSuSE
10.2, default kernel 2.6.18 and 2 NICs. One NIC is connected to ADSL
modem. The box runs SuSE Firewall2 with masquerading.
I can access both sites FROM THIS BOX without any problem.

I also tried marymount site before I started firewall, that is it was
only PPPoE (for ADSL modem), no NAT and no proxy. It was OK as well.

Well, of course there was my provider ...

--
Mark Goldstein