On Wednesday 20 December 2006 16:10, Joachim Kieferle wrote: > Steven T. Hatton wrote: > > It just keeps getting worse. I really don't want to change my email > > address, but it's all over the Internet, and the spammers are killing my > > inbox. I don't want to spend a lot of time on this issue, I just want to > > be able to block these idiots. I'm running a postfix mail server. Is > > there an easy was to thwart spam? I use the filters built into KMail, > > but they seem almost worthless. > > Hi Steven, > > adding > > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = [ ......], > reject_rhsbl_client > blackhole.securitysage.com, > reject_rhsbl_sender > blackhole.securitysage.com, > reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org, > reject_rbl_client blackholes.easynet.nl, > reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org, > reject_rbl_client > proxies.blackholes.wirehub.net, > reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net, > reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org, > reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org, > reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org, > reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org, > reject_rbl_client multihop.dsbl.org > > > to the "main.cf" on the mailserver already reduced the amount of spam by > approx. 50% on our server [....] means that you should leave your > current policies like "permit_mynetworks" how it currently is. > > Postgrey http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/ has also been mentioned > to reduce the amount of spam quite well. I'll use that on one of the > upcoming mailservers, so I don't have any experience with that up to now. > > However both recommendations just work on mailservers directly accepting > the mail, > > best > > Joachim Well, I'm still getting mail from this list, so it's not blocking everything. It will take some time to determine if I've blocked things I don't want blocked. So far I have no new spam in the inbox in over an hour. That is very good. Far better than 50%. Thanks Steven -- "Whoever controls the histories of nations controls those nations and their peoples." Germar Rudolf -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@opensuse.org For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@opensuse.org