List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] passwords
From:       jdd <jdd () dodin ! org>
Date:       2006-12-20 15:45:06

Doug McGarrett a écrit :
> To all the folks who write code for Linux:
>
> I live in a house by myself.  Nobody else ever uses my computer.  I really
> hate it when some program tells me I need an 8-character  password.  I would
> be just as happy to bypass the password stuff altogether, but I have a simple
> password that I want to use on everything.  It has 5 characters, and I can
> remember it.  Please keep people like me in mind.  Thank you.
>
> --doug

the passwd problem is quite irritating. I have a full folder
(paper) with passwd. some Internet sites don't accept pass
longuer than 5 chars, others insists to have 8+ and numbers
as well as chars...

and anyway as soon as a passwd is too complicated, one need
to write it down to remember.

better have a silicon chip into the head

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO