List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] unable to access website after 10.2 install	(bug 229848)
From:       "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris () ntm ! org>
Date:       2006-12-20 13:52:57

Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> just to be sure, as there was some confusion:
> Are you trying www.marymount.edu ? THAT is the one in question. Or
> www.keh.com Please retest and repost.

Sorry to confuse the issue, it was an honest typo.  I was typing it from
memory at the end of a long day (that just became a bit longer).
Anyway, thanks Leendert for catching my mistake before it really muddled
the problem too bad.  I tried here at home on 10.2 to start squid to see
if the cache was the reason the 10.2 at work connected (or maybe because
the cache is on a 9.3 server).  Even running through Squid here at home,
it doesn't work.  So it isn't just a proxy.  But, I found this
interesting info from squid in the log.
Dec 20 21:41:58 jmorris squid[12862]: WARNING: Closing client
192.168.10.1 connection due to lifetime timeout
Dec 20 21:41:58 jmorris squid[12862]:     http://www.marymount.edu/
Dec 20 21:41:58 jmorris squid[12862]: WARNING: Closing client
192.168.10.1 connection due to lifetime timeout
Dec 20 21:41:58 jmorris squid[12862]:     http://www.marymount.edu/

I am not sure what that means exactly, but it still doesn't work here,
even with a proxy.  So at work it must have been because the server is
still running 9.3.

--
Joe Morris