List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] NX problem at 10.2
From:       "Elvis Chen" <chene77 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-18 20:08:10

hi all,

I am having some problems with NX server on a fresh-installed 10.2.  I have
searched through the list but the previous posts didn't help much.  I seek
your advise.

I have recently installed Suse 10.2 (x86_64) on a clean harddrive.  With it,
the following components relating to NX are installed:

FreeNX-0.5.0-25
NX-1.5.0-73
nxclient-2.1.0-9 (from nomachine)

I set up the nxserver by running the following command as root:

nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean

and rebooted the machine (may not be needed).

However, from multiple machines, I was not able to connect to the nxserver.
All traffic are tunneled through ssh/ssl, and X11-forwarding are enabled on
both the client and the server computers.  The user is authenticated, the
x11-protocol are established, then the nxclient sorts hangs for a while, and
returns with the following error message:

"No response received from the remote server.
Do you want to terminate the current session?"

If I clicked on "YES", and then select the "detail", the following error
message is given:

Copyright (C) 2001, 2006 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '22750'.
Session: Starting session at 'Mon Dec 18 15:05:53 2006'.
Warning: Connected to remote NXPROXY version 1.5.0 with local version 2.1.0.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Warning: Font server connections not supported by the remote proxy.
Info: Using adsl link parameters 512/24/1/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/262144/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using image streaming parameters 50/128/1024KB/2048/256.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/32768KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-7' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 3/3/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 6/6.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Session: Session started at 'Mon Dec 18 15:05:53 2006'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/2048K.
Warning: No data received from remote proxy within 30 seconds.
Session: Terminating session at 'Mon Dec 18 15:06:31 2006'.
Info: End of NX transport requested by signal '15'.

I get a similar error message when the client is running from the server
machine.

Can someone please shed some lights into what might be wrong with my setup?

tia,