List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 installed
From:       jfweber () gilweber ! com
Date:       2006-12-12 18:46:15

On Thu December 7 2006 2:06 pm, Matthew Stringer scratched these words
onto a coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> I've been running 10.2 for over 3 hours now, installed without a
> hitch on my Dell laptop.
>
> The whole set up just feels right, it's quicker than 10.1 too.
>
> Even Zen is playing ball too.
>
> A big thank you to all involved who help create this awesome distro.
>
> Matthew
yup, I think we have to admit or proclaim this is a nearly perfect
version. (10.2) The reports seem to be running overwhelmingly positive,
w/ minor irritating things. Often, it seems the problems are
idiosyncratic hardware, or just not yet very well supported hardware (
ATI vid cards seem to be top of the list for not being 100% easy to set
up, but I don't think anyone has had so much trouble they didn't get up
and running. )

Not too many whines either. Well, other than it takes an eternity to
download the dvds. ( I'm trying to get the 386 version now for
the "normal" PCs about the place.) My few problems have not been due to
the Suse install but to my ever loved/hated isp.. and the network which
will just quit on every box in the joint, in the middle of doing
nothing at all..Kweather and any other item that checks online
occasionally will suddenly begin to complain the "network is
unreachable."

Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.