List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 installed
From:       Randall R Schulz <rschulz () sonic ! net>
Date:       2006-12-07 21:24:24

On Thursday 07 December 2006 13:09, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> >> On Thursday 07 December 2006 11:06, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> >> I've been running 10.2 for over 3 hours now, installed without a
> >> hitch on my Dell laptop.
> >
> > Wow. You've got a fast pipe, or something. I started retrieving the
> > DVD torrent just under three hours ago and I'm now at the 58% mark,
> > which is actually much faster than the torrents have proceeded for
> > the alpha5 torrent and the beta1 through RC1 delta ISOs.
> >
> > Randall Schulz
>
> It does help working for an ISP, as soon as it appeared on
> ftp.mirrorservice.org I started the download, I get nearly 3MB/s from
> there!
>
> BitTorrent would have taken hours.

I have a 6000 Mb inbound DSL line. I just finished burning and verifying
the disc.

Once I'm back from errands, I'm going to start the installation.

> My laptop is only a 1.4GHz P4 really pleased with it so far.

My target is new, 3GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 1067 MHz FSB. Woo-Hoo!! I've been
running pre-release versions since alpha5. I'm going to do a clean
install of the GM, of course. I'm still trying to decide which file
system to use for the root partition.

> Matthew

RRS