List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] KDE4 rpms, what am I getting myself into?
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2006-11-26 5:14:19

On Saturday 25 November 2006 21:41, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2006 21:21, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I'm installing the KDE4 bits from
> > http://software.opensuse.org/download/KDE:/KDE4/SUSE_Linux_10.0/
> >
> > Is it going to nicely mind its own business and not try to share my
> > ~/.kde and similar resources?  What about the Qt bits? Any adverse
> > consequences there?
> >
> > Steven
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> The 'content' file in that directory reads:
>
> PRODUCT openSUSE Build Service KDE:KDE4 SUSE_Linux_10.0
> VERSION 1.0-0
> LABEL upcoming KDE 4 test builds (SUSE_Linux_10.0)
> <snip>
>
> Are you "upgrading" a production or test box?
>
> Carl
I'm trying to get some idea how the Qt ItemView technology is being used in
practice.  For some reason my kdebase3-3.5.5 was removed when I installed the
rpms.  I'm really not sure what the expectation is with these bits. When I
simply started X from runlevel 3 and did a /opt/kde4/bin/startkde, things
looked pretty broken.  Perhaps I should resort to plan A and build my own.
--
"Whoever controls the histories of nations
controls those nations and their peoples."