List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Howto enable mpg ou wmv files on 10.1
From:       Günter_Lichtenberg <lichten () arcor ! de>
Date:       2006-09-30 16:50:00

On Friday 29 September 2006 21:31, Joao Paulo Pires wrote:
> Hi,
>  On this moment I downloaded:
>  w32codec-all-20060611-0.pm.0.i586.rpm
>  from packman
>  I have i686 machine
>  When I right click button on file and after Installer opens,
>  I get the following message:
>
>  Transaction failed: Package Transaction Failed.
>
>  How can I see video files ????
>
>  Joao.

Hi Joao -
	please send your mails always to the list - some people do not want postings
from email lists to their address and, additionally readers of the list do
only get half the information. So - now to your problem. I do not know from
your post, but I guess you used konqueror to browse to the packman repo and
then right-clicked the file which for some reason did not work. I cannot help
you there, since I never did that. But you could try it out this way

1. Load down the w 32 codec rpm file to the disk
2. In a text console go to the directory where you saved the rpm file
3. Change to user root
4. Do 'rpm -Uvh w32codec-all-20060611-0.pm.0.i586.rpm' (without the quotes),
this installs the codecs on your computer
5. In order to check if it is really installed you could do 'rpm -qa | fgrep
w32' (but if rpm does not show an error, I never encountered a case where the
package was not installed, so this is probably not necessary)

If that does not help, please make sure you have all the needed packages. If
you have all the needed packages and it still does not work, please provide
some more details and maybe someone knows the answer.

Ciao
gl
--
Günter Lichtenberg ========>mailto:lichten@arcor.de