List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] missing ksyms from my kernel
From:       Rene Salmon <rsalmon () tulane ! edu>
Date:       2006-09-29 14:21:49

Hi,

I think you are on the right track.  Its either the nm tool or something
with rpm maybe adding something to these variables '%insserv_prereq'
'%fillup_prereq' when you make the kernel rpm?

Not sure I still have not found a solution to generating a kernel rpm on
suse 10.1.  It would be great if some of the suse kernel gurus could
post something on this maybe a fix?

For the most part we run the suse kernels and prefer it that way but
there are occasions when one needs to be able to compile and run a
vanilla kernel from kernel.org to support some application or hardware
that just won't compile on a suse kernel.

Any clues on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Rene