List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] status meeting
From:       "Peter Flodin" <peter () flodin ! net>
Date:       2006-06-23 23:33:57

> Sorry if my previous email sounds harsh but I'm getting annoyed
> about the unprofessional behaviour of some people. That's not the
> way we can push the openSUSE project forward. Well, time to watch
> some football now... ;-)

I think the original comment by Sonja was misunderstood, which then
lead to an unecessary escalation. Things to remember:

- 'You' and variants are in English ambiguously singular or plural.
Which at this late stage of its development would be hard to fix.
- Replies in a thread you start are not necesarily directed at you
even if you asked a straight question.

I think the sequence was this:
1. Thomas: What happened in the meeting?
2. Beineri (suse): I have now put up the transcript
3. Sonja (suse):  Hey everybody, stop relying on suse to do community
tasks that can just as easily be done by any participant that attended
the meeting.

Personally I think that it should probably be a standing task that at
the end of each meeting it is agreed between the participants who will
post the transcript.

pflodo
Peter Flodin