List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] openSUSE community page
From:       Azerion <azerion () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-18 21:15:35

> > I personally distinguish between the "OpenSUSE community" and the "SUSE
> > Linux community" - where we, the OpenSUSE community are a (small) part of
> > the broader SUSE Linux community.
> >
> > SUSE Linux community:
> > Pretty much anybody using the distro - maybe not granny Smith, who has no
> > idea what she's using other than that her grandchild installed it for her
> > and that it runs great.
> >
> > OpenSUSE community/project participants:
> > People who test, bugreport, write on wiki, give feedback to devs, discuss
> > future direction of the distro, promote SUSE Linux etc.

+10

If you post every day at a SUSE Linux-forum you are part of the community. But
you probably are not doing some tasks for the OpenSUSE-project. So it would
be nice to have a different name for that so if we talk about the OScom it is
clear we mean all testers, bugreporters and so on. And if we talk about the
SLcom we are talking about 'all people' and not only those who are
interrested.

If I say "That should be explained to the openSUSE-community" we all know it
does not have to be in the boxed manual. If I say "We should note that to the
SUSE Linux community" we all know that I request for a message at the
download/buy-page and/or a sticker on the box ;-)

Azerion