List:       opensuse
Subject:    Problem with size of GTK fonts
From:       Daniel Bertolo <daniel.bertolo () stiftung-buehl ! ch>
Date:       2005-11-02 12:42:59

Hi

On my notebook, I have a problem with font sizes of GTK fonts. The resolution
of the display is 1680x1050 (16:10 aspect ration). I did a KDE-standard
install of SUSE 10.0. With the default setup, the font size within GTK
applications is huge while QT apps display correctly.

I found an application that is called gnome-font-properties. With that, I
could set the font size of GTK apps to a normal level. This works. In order
to have it work after a relogin, I installed a shortcut in my Autostart
folder to '/opt/gnome/lib/control-center-2.0/gnome-settings-daemon'.

After login, everything works. But after some minutes, all QT apps get small
fonts. What's the problem here? How are font size linked between GTK and QT
apps? I thought that the gtk-qt-engine does not affect font sizes, does it?

Thanks for help,
Daniel