List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] This is silly but ... where's the sound volume icon
From:       pmoellon <mop48836 () mail ! telepac ! pt>
Date:       2005-09-30 22:28:51

M.Blackmore wrote:

>OK, I know I know, but I'm not very knowledgeable... the sound volume
>icon has disappeared from the bottom right hand side of the bar, so I
>and the kids can't adjust sound levels easily.
>
>How do I put it back?
>
>Sorry...

Hi!

1. Press ALT-F2 to pop-up a window
2. type kmix (you have your "default" mixer again (there are others to
suit your needs))
3. Go to Settings -> Configure KMix Check the "Enable system tray volume
control"
4. Click Apply/Ok and close the mixer if you want

it should be there again.

Hope this helped :-)

Cheers,
Patrick M.