List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] What's happening to X at SuSE/Novell ?
From:       Sonja Krause-Harder <skh () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-09-15 9:40:16

Answering myself:

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:29:56AM +0200, Sonja Krause-Harder wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:15:42AM +0100, Winston Graeme wrote:
> > A while ago someone at Novell/SuSE said that the next
> > version of SuSE (i.e. 10) would have a great new
> > graphics system with cool things possible which would
> > be comparable to OSX & Longhorn(Vista) (or maybe even
> > better) as far as I remember.
>
> In case you're refering to Xgl, I only know what was in the news:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/149783/

After talking to a few more people: Novell is still working on it, but
there's nothing that can be announced right now. Development is
happening in public CVS (linked from the freedesktop.org page), so
everybody who wants to follow the development can do that there.

Sonja

--
Sonja Krause-Harder (skh@suse.de)
Research & Development                           SUSE Linux Products GmbH