List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] What's happening to X at SuSE/Novell ?
From:       Marcus Cooper <fmwt.marcus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-15 7:18:05

On 15/09/05, Winston Graeme <winstongraeme@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> A while ago someone at Novell/SuSE said that the next
> version of SuSE (i.e. 10) would have a great new
> graphics system with cool things possible which would
> be comparable to OSX & Longhorn(Vista) (or maybe even
> better) as far as I remember.

Well transparency was in 9.3, it wasn't particulary good, ie it slowed
things down a lot and crashed whenever I turned it on when I had the
ATI driver loaded. Also it caused firefox to crash whenever I went to
a web page with flash in it. Apart from the slowing things down these
issues might not have been caused by transparency.

I should have logged these as bugs but didn't know how to at the time.

> What's happening to X @ SuSE/Novell ?
>
> Happened to this cool X - thing ?
>
> Anyone know?

I don't know if that is what you are refering to.

have fun

Marcus

--
Photos : www.flickr.com/photos/marcusc
Blog : marcusbrain.blogspot.com

`The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die
like dogs. There's also a negative side.'  HST