List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Xen
From:       Mike McCallister <workingwriter () prodigy ! net>
Date:       2005-08-21 22:33:01

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 11:02 pm, Andreas Girardet wrote:
> Here is what I have put together. Done and tested. Works quite OK apart
> from a few glitches like proc not being mounted. Have not looked at it
> too closely, just hacked it for the moment to make it work.
>
> http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/How_to_setup_SUSE_10.0_under_xen_in_SUSE_
>9.3
 Andreas,

Thanks for putting this together. I tried this with Beta 2 today on my x86_64
machine and could not boot to the Xen kernel. I followed your instructions to
the letter, copying and pasting items into the shell as necessary (with no
changes--which is probably where I ran into problems), doing this all in a
Root shell.

Anyway, when I rebooted and selected Xen from the screen, I immediately
received the following error message:

Kernel (hd 1,1)/xen.gz dom0_mem393216
Error 15: File Not Found

I was able to return to grub and boot to SUSE 9.3.

FWIW, I have 500MB of physical RAM installed. Could that be an issue, or would
xen.gz install into a different dir on a 64-bit machine than on a 32-bit
(thus, File Not Found)?

Open to any ideas.

Mike McCallister