List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: file format convertion
From:       root <root () pc96 ! ma ! rhbnc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-07-31 23:30:26

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, deng_xiufeng wrote:

> Do someone know format of cert7.db and key3.db which netscape navigator uses?
> and how to convert DER or PEM certificate to this format?

Sorry for being vague here.

Go to www.mozilla.org at the security link and you will find a page that
explains those formats. It also has links to other sites with info.

To decode cert7.db, I recommend a utility found at the Contrib
link of www.modssl.org, called unbundle* or something.
There is also a patch there to make that utility to work on RH 6.1 (and
possibly others).

Simos Xenitellis