List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Piping into PEM pass phrase!!!
From:       Markus Wagner <mawagner () mail ! uni-mainz ! de>
Date:       2000-07-31 18:59:26

Hello,

I am building a CA frontend in C/C++ and need to automatically provide
input for the PEM pass phrase dialog when signing CSRs.

I open three pipes for stdin/stdout/stderr, fork to openssl and write
the pwd into stdin. But openssl doesnt read my input.

The thing is: I already did this in Perl using IPC::Open3 and it worked
fine.

Could anybody tell me why OpenSSL doesn't read my input and how to do
it?
How do I have to dup the descriptors? What's wrong??

Thanks very much,

Markus