List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re:Re: Client verification in a SSL server
From:       Marcos Rogerio <ssl-users () uol ! com ! br>
Date:       2000-05-31 17:19:26

>(...)
>...If there is interest
>I'll post a modified demos/ssl/cli.cpp and demos/ssl/serv.cpp that
>compiles under both Linux and Windoze and where this feature works.
>
>Robert Sandilands
>
>Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 03:38:12PM -0300, Marcos Rogerio wrote:
>> > I have tried samples, FAQs and this mailing list for a way to make
>> > my server read my client´s certificate, without success.
>> Did you really try all samples? See below.
>>
>> This should go into the FAQ...
>> The client will only send the certificate if requested by the server.
>> The server must hence be configured with the SSL_VERIFY and corresponding
>> SSL_VERIFY_CLIENT_ONCE (maybe SSL_VERIFY_FAIL_IF_NO_PEER_CERT) using
>> the  SSL_CTX_set_verify(ctx, verify_flags, verify_callback) call.
>> See e.g. the openssl s_server source code for the flags "-verify"
>> and "-Verify".
>>
>> Best regards,
>>         Lutz
>> --
>> Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke@aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
>> BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
>> Lehrstuhl Allgemeine Elektrotechnik                  Tel. +49 355 69-4129
>> Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus              Fax. +49 355 69-4153

Hi, Mr. Robert,
 Thank you for advices about other setups in my server implementation.
In fact, I have much interest and I also would appreciate a lot that
kind of feature in the demos in demos/ssl directory. I will also take
a look in the posted messages you have mentioned.
 Thank you again for your consideration,

 Marcos Oliveira.