List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: Memory leaks when PEM_read_bio_PrivateKey fails
From:       "Michal Trojnara" <Michal.Trojnara () centertel ! pl>
Date:       2000-04-30 1:48:29

Odpowiedz automatyczna:

Do 5 maja przebywam na zasluzonym urlopie.
W pilnych sprawach prosze o kontakt z Kamilem Kilinskim.

Z powazaniem,
    Michal Trojnara

>>> "openssl-users@openssl.org" 04/30/00 01:42 >>>

Dr Stephen Henson <drh@celocom.com>:
> Bodo Moeller:
>> yanfeng-zhang@btamail.net.cn:

>>> VC6.0 detected memory leaks in the following code! And the code do
>>> only PEM_read_bio_PrivateKey()!!

>> You should free your OpenSSL objects (pKey, in) *before* freeing
>> the library-internal stuff (EVP_cleanup() etc.), I don't know
>> if it makes a difference in this specific case though.

> This may be a leak caused by OpenSSL not freeing up the error table in
> crypto/err.c in variable thread_hash.

Yes, that's it.  I thought we had removed all such memory leaks
recently when someone else had used some external tool for detecting
leaks, but that apparently was just memory leaks in the OpenSSL memory
leak debugging code and not this remaining one in the error library.
A fix is on the way.

Zhang: Please try the next OpenSSL snapshot (to appear at
ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot on April 30, around 19:00 UTC or so).