List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Q: pkcs7 and LDAP
From:       yassine <y.aimeur () der ! edf ! fr>
Date:       2000-04-27 16:22:36

Hi,

I've sent my S/MIME cert in LDAP directory with Netscape Communicator (
Messenger -> Send Certificate to Directory )

I've retrieved this cert with openldap
    ( ldapsearch -t -h myhost -b 'o=myorg' 'uid=myuid'
usersmimecertificate )

And Finally I've converted this cert to PEM format by the following
command
    openssl pkcs7 -inform DER -in cert.der -out cert.pem -outform PEM

But when I use the following command to extract the pkcs7 structure from
a signed message
    openssl smime -pk7out -in mymessage -out cert2.pem

The files cert.pem and cert2.pem are different ! Why ???? Where am I
wrong ?

Thank you,

Yassine Aimeur