List:       openssl-users
Subject:    RE: SuperCerts? (Strong crypto in non-us browsers, cert activated
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2000-02-11 10:24:53

| 2)  Microsoft seem to have release upgrades to their browser that may
| make SGC certs obselete, in line with latest US Export regulations.
| http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/download/128bit/intro.htm

Netscape did the same. You can get the full encryption browser
version from their netscape.com/download  area now.

| I'd love to hear from somebody who can try this against an Apache
| server with a standard Web Server cert and whether they can get strong
| 128 bit ssl

I tried it with the strong netscape version against a normal Roxen
cert and it worked as expected I got strong encryption.

Thanks,
	Bernhard
--
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)