List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: Creating Certificate for Netscape
From:       Steffen Dettmer <steffen () tfh-berlin ! de>
Date:       1999-07-29 22:20:30

> #echo "Content-Type: application/x-x509-ca-cert"	# CA certs
> echo "Content-Type: application/x-x509-user-cert"	# own certs
> #echo "Content-Type: application/x-x509-email-cert"	# foreign certs
> 	cat cert.der

When you're useing the Apache Webserver, you can use the AddType directive
(other server should have similar things), and rename the files to the
same extensions you specified here. I think that's easier and more
elegant. On my server the CA-Cert filename is "RZ.cacert" for example, and
here is my .htaccess file of the cert directory:

--------[ .htaccess ]-------------------
#MIME Types
#CA Certificate:
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert        .cacert
#NS Client Certs
AddType application/x-x509-user-cert      .ucert
AddType application/x-x509-user-cert      .client
#NS Crl
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl           .crlder
#NS automatic proxy configuration
AddType application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig .pac

oki,

Steffen