List:       openssl-users
Subject:    configuring openSSL
From:       Ben Wooller <wooller () tabq ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-07-28 23:29:53

Lets me try again with the correct Subject heading!

To start out with I basically want a secure socket connection between two
machines working. Now apparently there are many ways to configure this. I
think I want RSA Public/Private Key session handshaking, and then symmetric
key encryption for the data back and forth.

My questions are:
How do I set the security level (say 1024 bit keys for the RSA part, and
whatever gives the best security for the symmetric key part)?

How do I set it so that if the same client reconnects the handshaking does
not need to be done unless say 24 hours has expired since the original
connection?

What is the minimal high level set of API methods I need to set up a server,
and set up a client?

Hopefully all these things are commonly done in OpenSSL....

Thanks for listening,

Ben Wooller