List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: SSL-C vs OpenSSL
From:       marc mosko <marc () tear ! com>
Date:       1999-07-24 15:46:09

I spoke with RSA about their product and bought the manuals (about
US $50).  I have been able to use the manuals as a reference for
OpenSSL.  (they don't cover everything, mostly the SSL functions).
Our problem in using their product was that they wanted $30/seat with
a 1000-seat minimum (we were developing an end user application,
not a server application).

According to the manual:

"The SSL-C product suite is based on SSLeay."

"RSA developed the SSL-C product suite by extending the original SSLeay
core.  SSL-C contains SSLv3, SSLv2 and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
1.0 (as of IETF draft) compliance."