List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Certificates renewal ...
From:       madwolf () comune ! modena ! it
Date:       1999-04-28 17:57:52

Hi all!

I have a doubt and some questions...

First the doubt: when I try to issue the new certificate for a
certain DN before the old one has expired I get error saying
that there is already a certificate for that DN...

This can cause troubles to users -> There will be a period of
time when the old cert is expired and the new one have to be
issued while he cannot use services...

The question is if there is a real reason not to re-issue a cert
before its revoking date.

The qustion I have is somehow tecnical... not much... I'd like to
have some confirmation about certificate renewal:

	* To renew a certificate, I have to save the old
	  request (Netscape) and then use the ca command
	  to issue the new one with new expiration date.

Is it that true, or there is something else to do ?

Thank you in advance,

	Massimiliano Pala (madwolf@openca.org)
["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]