List:       openssl-users
Subject:    [openssl-users] Openssl
From:       Lasse Thorbro-Steenberg <lthorbrosteenberg () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-04-19 14:39:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

New to this list!

I am using Openssl in a project that send large amounts of data in bursts
from a windows 2008 server to an Ubuntu 16.04 client.
It works well with low data rates (<1mbs) but when mean data rates hits
around 2 mbs, things get ugly. I use blocking wrtite calls and my buffers
overflow after a while at 2mbs.
Using Wireshark I can see the TCP window remains open, but after a few
seconds on 2mbs the server start fragmenting IP packets which completely
drops the throughput to around 1 mbs.
Data is delivered successfully even with fragmentation, but the effective
throughput achievable on the link drops significantly.

Has anyone seen this type of issue before ?

Thanks,
Lasse