List:       openssl-users
Subject:    OpenSSL in multithreaded environment.
From:       "Tayade, Nilesh" <Nilesh.Tayade () netscout ! com>
Date:       2012-08-08 14:09:19

Hi,

I am using OpenSSL-1.0.0g in a multithreaded environment. Each thread comes=
 up with its own decryption context (which has own decrypted premaster, the=
 random values and rsa pointer). And I am sure NO two threads touch each ot=
her's decryption context.

But I see some issue (program crash) while using RSA_private_decrypt() func=
tion. And if I put locks around this function, it works all fine.

I am referring to an old email thread :http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-=
users@openssl.org/msg35915.html.
Could someone please confirm if we have known multithreading issues for lib=
crypto on Linux in recent OpenSSL versions?
If this is the case, how do we confirm if libcrypto is compiled with multit=
hreading support?

Machine details: x86_64 with Linux-2.6.39 and OpenSSL-1.0.0g.

--
Thanks,
Nilesh