List:       openssl-users
Subject:    SSLv2 only server
From:       jan04 <piotrdom5 () wp ! pl>
Date:       2011-12-15 20:13:52

Hi,

I have to run server with SSLv2 only support.
I know that it is old and insecure protocol but I need it.

It works with SSLv3 only, and with SSLv3 and SSLv2:
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
SSLProtocol SSLv3(or -all +SSLv2 +SSLv3)
SSLCipherSuite SSLv3(or ALL)
</VirtualHost>

but when I change only SSL version to SSLv2:
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
SSLProtocol SSLv2
SSLCipherSuite SSLv2
</VirtualHost>
I get error when I start apache:
[error] Unable to initialize TLS servername extension callback (incompatible
OpenSSL version?)

I also tried with to virtualhosts:
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
SSLProtocol SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite SSLv3
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost _default_:442>
SSLProtocol SSLv2
SSLCipherSuite SSLv2
</VirtualHost>
but result is the same.

I read that OpenSSL 1.0.0 has dropped SSLv2 support, but with openssl 0.9.8
I get the same error.
Do I have to change something else?

Thanks in advance,
PD