List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Legal use OpenSSL / cryptography
From:       "TS" <kdstgd () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-27 13:00:33

Hi,

I'm from and live in Denmark. I make and sell a
program (shareware, not someone making me
rich mind you) which has a website crawler.
I use Indy HTTP library for HTTP communication.

However, I would like to use OpenSSL with Indy for https:

If I allow my users to download OpenSSL *themselves* to
application directory and enable OpenSLL in my program
config, can I still get in trouble? What about my end-users?

(I realize it's probably 100% okay in DK and Europe.
But suppose I were to travel to US some day?)

Suppose a download website links to my application?
Would they get in trouble then? Even though my
software does not distribute OpenSSL itself?

I may have to give up on supporting https
or opt for another route. But OpenSSL works,
so if it was within realm of possibility to get
legality cleared, then that would be great.

Tom