List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: [NEWBIE] trying to convert DER file to PEM one
From:       Bernhard Froehlich <ted () convey ! de>
Date:       2006-08-24 13:09:30

tizon wrote:
> Dear OpenSLL users,
>
> first of all, let me point out that I'm a total newbie in the
> area of encryption. So maybe, my question could sound stupid ...
>
> I'm using OpenSSL 0.9.8a-7build1 on Kubuntu Dapper.
> And i just would like to create a PEM certificat file with two DER
> encrypted file(i need to do that for my wifi setup).
> Before all, i've verified that i can read this file with the following
> command:
> openssl x509 -inform DER -in FILE.cer -noout -text
> Then i've tried the following command(to convert the file):
> openssl rsa -inform DER -outform PEM -in FILE.cer -out FILE.pem
> [...]
Try using "openssl x509 -inform DER -outform PEM -in FILE.cer -out
FILE.pem" (not openssl rsa ...) to convert the file.
See http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509.html

Hope it helps.
Ted
;)

--
PGP Public Key Information
Download complete Key from http://www.convey.de/ted/tedkey_convey.asc

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]