List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: using OpenSSL and NSS in same project
From:       sravan <sravan () atc ! tcs ! co ! in>
Date:       2005-01-18 11:51:30

Hello all,
i too came across a similar problem.
although i could compile the entire application(which used OpenSSL &
NSS), i got SEG faults while running the application.
the point where i get SEG faults is those functions which have same
names in OpenSSL & NSS; in specific, SHA1_Update & MD5_Update.
i couldn't get around the problem and so, i have done the following :
        i have divided my entire application in to 2 parts; one that
uses only NSS and the other that uses only OpenSSL
        both these sub-apps run independently and communicate via
pipes/files :-(

although this is not an elegant solution, it worked fine. but there
should be some work around.
expecting some guidance from the group.

Sravan