List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Bad Record MAC
From:       David Soulayrol <david.soulayrol () ago ! fr>
Date:       2004-03-31 10:33:24

Hello,

I'm working on a driver for RFC2217 and its associated server, both
written in Java. The protocol is encapsulated in an SSL tunnel. I'm
using openssl-0.9.7c for this, and Claymore PureTLS and gonative
libraries on top of it.

I'm getting a Bad Record MAC error before the SSL negotiation can
finish. It seems that this error appear only when my server runs on
Windows (and my driver on Linux or Windows). When both my end points run
on Linux, and without other configuration modification, the connection
is successful.

I've hardly found any explanation on this error, so it's very difficult
to me to investigate more. What are all the possible reasons for this
problem to appear (key format, lib parameter ...) ?

Thanks for any help,
David.