List:       openssl-users
Subject:    about Crypt Init
From:       rival () phear ! org
Date:       2001-11-30 13:55:38

Hi,

I'm currently playing with the EVP interface,
I'm afraid of having misunderstood some basic encryption
behavior or policy.

Lets say i want to encrypt a series of short messages,
and i want a third party to be able to decrypt those messages.

my thought are :

i must init IV to a value each time i encrypt a new message
and
the third part must do the same to decrypt.

then i EVP_BytetoKey() each time with the fixed key,

am i right, or am i misusing IV init etc..?!

- rival.