List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Re: Are libcrypto.so.2 and libssl.so.2 available anywhere?
From:       Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte () stacken ! kth ! se>
Date:       2001-11-29 13:11:46

From: Bryan Michaud <bmichaud@acgmaine.com>

bmichaud> I'm hoping you can help me out.  I need libcrypto.so.2 and
bmichaud> libssl.so.2
bmichaud>
bmichaud> I have installed the latest OpenSSL version available on the
bmichaud> openssl.org site, but only get libcrypto.so.1 and
bmichaud> libssl.so.1 with it.

Are you *really* sure that's what you got?  You're supposed to end up
with libcrypto.so.0.9.6b and libssl.so.0.9.6b (presuming you
downloaded version 0.9.6b) with the softlinks libcrypto.so.0 and
libssl.so.0 pointing at them.  How exactly did you produce shared
libraries?

bmichaud> Can you give me a link to where the ".2" version can be
bmichaud> obtained?

No.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ LeViMS@stacken.kth.se
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.