List:       openssl-users
Subject:    Follow-up
From:       George Staikos <staikos () 0wned ! org>
Date:       2001-11-02 16:38:39

Thanks to everyone for pointing me to PEM_X509_INFO_read

However I've noticed a very strange problem.  If I call:

ASN1_d2i_fp(X509_new, d2i_X509, fp, NULL);

before I call PEM_X509_INFO_read(fp, NULL, myPemCallback, NULL), and the
ASN1_d2i_fp call fails, the PEM_X509_INFO_read call _always_ fails too.  I
can't explain this at all.  These are on different fp so that's not the
problem.  It's as though there's some static data or perhaps a spinlock
blocking the second call.  I haven't tried debugging OpenSSL yet.  It could
very well be that I'm calling something incorrectly... I don't see it though.

I am calling this from C++ so I have to do lots of casting to get the
function pointers to be accepted in the first call, but I'm not sure that has
anything to do with it.

--

George Staikos