List:       openssl-dev
Subject:    Re: 0.9.6a-beta2 on Alpha RedHat 6.2 fails make test
From:       Andy Polyakov <appro () fy ! chalmers ! se>
Date:       2001-03-29 21:12:17

> > appro> (or at least 'rm libcrypto.a')
> >
> > Have you actually tried that?

'rm libcrypto.a' only or complete build and test on Alpha Linux? I've
tried complete build on Redhat 6.2 for Alpha last night and it worked
fine with inline assembler (the one I wrote about in "BN on Alpha"
message)! I tested with ccc-6.2-506, egcs-1.1.2 and gcc-2.95.1... If the
question was "why just 'rm libcrypto.a'?" then the answer has to be
following. Normally (say on Solaris) it's more than enough to
reconfigure in order to get *everything* rebuilt. But for some damn
reason when I've reconfigured from ccc to gcc on Alpha Linux and tried
to rebuild, linker complained about unresolved symbols normally found in
Compaq C run-time library. I had no energy to figure out exactly why,
but 'rm libcrypto.a' did make the problem disappear...

Andy.