List:       openssl-dev
Subject:    Re: Mac OS X openssl patch
From:       "Chris L. Mason" <cmason () unixzone ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 17:47:14

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 12:40:11PM -0500, Derek Robert Price wrote:
> "Chris L. Mason" wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:54:45AM -0500, Stuart A. Malone wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's a third try, with the patch as an email attachment.  (Forgive me for
> > > being stubborn, but I want to figure out how to do this properly.)
> > >

> > Yes, it worked great as a mime attachment!
>
> Worked fine for me as well, aside from the fact that I had to drag it into the
> finder twice.  The first copy was empty.

> I did find instructions on how to use Apple's port of 0.9.5 to compile OpenSSH
> at http://www.stepwise.com , though.  Those instructions did the trick aside
> from the fact that they said I only had to install the OpenSSL headers and
> I ended up having to install it completely.

I compiled ssh using OpenSSL 0.9.6 with the Stuart's patch and it works,
but I had to rename the other openssl program in /usr/bin and make sure to
use -I/usr/local/include.

When I got the attachment I decoded it with mutt.  I've been doing all my
work remotely logged into a Mac OS X system so I haven't been able to use
any graphical programs.  I'm now logged in using ssh instead of telnet
and compiling some other stuff.  :)

Chris