List:       openssl-dev
Subject:    Re: inconsistency and incompleteness in the apps wrt dsa and dh
From:       Ulf_Moeller () public ! uni-hamburg ! de (Ulf Moeller)
Date:       1999-07-23 12:46:56

>Was I assuming too much when I assumed that OpenSSL would be a useful
>framework for implementing cryptosystems not currently used by SSL or
>TLS?

It depends on what you want to do. I have found OpenSSL a very useful
basis for my OpenPGP implementation. Implementing ElGamal as specified
in OpenPGP was a matter of minutes (bignum support, parameter
generation and padding functions already being available). Extending
the EVP library probably is more work.