List:       openssl-dev
Subject:    Re: [openssl.org #987] openssl-0.9.7e compiling problem on IRIX 5.3
From:       "Andy Polyakov via RT" <rt () openssl ! org>
Date:       2004-12-27 22:19:50

> if you had not been, by chance, familiar with that particular platform,
> you still could have replied with a brief mail asking me to figure it out.
> My intend was to merely point out the issue to you developers. Maybe
> I should have stated more explictly that of course if you needed further
> details you should not hesitate to say so.

It's not about hesitation, it's about time constrains. Once again, the
"if" works only one way: if any member of OpenSSL development team [by
chance] in not familiar with any particular platform and report leaves
more questions opened than answered, then report tends to remain
unattended. Do not take chances and don't expect "can you elaborate"
questions to be asked. Accompany report with solid argumentation and
clear test-cases from the beginning. It's in your interest. A.