List:       openssl-dev
Subject:    Dumping DLL certs
From:       "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett ! no>
Date:       2004-09-17 12:37:35

Is there a openssl command to dump the details of a
signed DLL under Win-XP?

With a command like
  CertMgr -add -all ipworks6.dll copy.crt

I can extract the security part of the IPWorks6.dll. Now I want to dump
and process the contents of copy.crt using OpenSSL tools.

pedump says the format is PKCS, but I'm not sure if it some
MS proprietary format or not (AuthentiCode?). The above dll is just an
example (ships with the 4NT cmd-processor).

BTW. Anybody know of a free program (cross-platform?) that can add
certificates to a DLL? AFAICS, the cert is written in a PE optional header
IMAGE_DIRECTORY_ENTRY_SECURITY with a simple length/type header
(struct _WIN_CERTIFICATE). Should be easy enough to add once I know
the format of the PKCS signed data.

--gv