List:       openssl-dev
Subject:    LDAP over Active Directory
From:       Scott Harris <awanf () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 19:50:30

Hi ALL:

I installed Microsoft Certificate server on Active Directories in a development \
environment to act as a stand alone CA. I tested LDAP over AD using ldap.exe tool \
from resource kit to listen to LDAPS port at 636. On Windows Client I was able to \
generate a Certificate singed by the CA which I installed on the Activite \
directories. I used netstat and the ldap.exe tool to verify the port was listning.

My question is I have an application running on a UNIX box which need to connect to \
the Active directory server using 636. I can configure the application to use port \
636. How do I generate a certificate signed by the CA on the Client application. On \
Microsoft Clients I know how to generate Certifcates. What is the process to do it on \
a UNIX environment? Can I simply copy the public key of the CA. Will it work.

How can I generate a Certicate on UNIX signed by the CA on the AD server?

All I am looking is a one way SSL authentication. Has any body installed Certificates \
on the UNIX platform? What the process

Any thoughts...

Thanks in advance. Also Thanks to Rob for his help with stunnel.