List:       openssh-unix-dev
Subject:    Re: ssh wish list?
From:       Howard Chu <hyc () symas ! com>
Date:       2023-10-18 23:55:31

Chris Rapier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I do some development based on openssh and I'm trying to think of some new \
> projects that might extend the functionality, feature set, user workflow, \
> performance, etc of ssh.
> So open ended question:
>
> Do any of you have a wish list of things you'd like to see in ssh?

Integration of linemode support. I got it working once \
https://github.com/hyc/OpenSSH-LINEMODE but there seems to be no interest in merging \
the work.

It's still valuable when connecting over mobile data and other high latency networks. \
I get it that the majority of developers in the US aren't exposed to such networks \
these days, but they're still very much a reality in the rest of the world.

--
  -- Howard Chu